Diocesan Learning Framework
Our Diocesan Learning Framework identifies and articulates what we believe is essential for all learners – adults and children alike – in our Catholic schools.
It is designed to:
- embody and reflect our Catholic Christian values and beliefs
- focus on ALL learners – adults and children alike
- enable, encourage and nurture individual school responses
- be a beginning point to inform any school based decision-making
The Learning Framework: Preamble articulates who we are and who we are striving to become as a community of Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Rockhampton.
Our Diocesan Learning Framework consists of the following components:
- a statement of our purpose for all learners in Catholic schools
- our beliefs about God, each person, learners and Catholic school communities
- lifelong learning roles that are significant outcomes for all learners.
A variety of support materials has been developed to help familiarise members of school communities with the Diocesan Learning Framework. This ‘Familiarisation Tool Kit‘ consists of three main documents:
- Welcome to the Story of our Diocesan Learning Framework
- “Introducing … the Preamble”
- “Introducing … our Diocesan Learning Framework”