At Holy Spirit College, the health and wellbeing of your children, and our staff, remains our number one priority. COVID-19 conditions as well as Australian Government and Queensland Government advice, which determines the actions that schools are required to take, are continually changing and will most likely continue to do so in the immediate future. Schools play a vital role in the effort of containment. Please find below the latest updates for your information.
- 20200505 CHO Schools Statement_Advice to parents and carers
- Parent and Carers Factsheet FAQs – COVID-19 Term 2 2020
Updates from Catholic Diocese of Rockhampton
As a result of government requirements in relation to COVID-19, all public masses and liturgies throughout the diocese are suspended until further notice. This also includes our Weekly Chapel Mass.
Bishop Michael urged us to keep holy the Lord’s Day by reading the scriptures, praying and connecting with the online Mass from St Joseph’s Cathedral. He is saying Mass Monday to Saturday at 12 noon, and 9:30am Sunday. He has invited us to join with him using the following online link: https://www.youtube.com/user/StJosephsCathRton.
Taking Care of Your Health & Wellbeing
Taking care of our health and wellbeing during the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation is very important. Managing our stress levels and asking for help when needed are all positive actions to support our wellbeing. Please ensure that you reach out for help, should you need it.
Holy Spirit College Counselling Services are available to all HSC students and their families. During this time, services may be somewhat limited to phone, email or video support. To contact our College Counsellors, please email , and someone will endeavour to get back to you within 24 hours.
Other helpful contacts are provided below:
- Beyond Blue – https://www.beyondblue.org.au/the-facts/looking-after-your-mental-health-during-the-coronavirus-outbreak
- Kids Helpline – 1800 551 800 or https://kidshelpline.com.au/
- Headspace – https://headspace.org.au/
- Brave Program – https://www.brave-online.com/
- Parentline Qld – 1300 301 300 or https://parentline.com.au/
- Centacare – 1300 523 985 or https://www.centacarecq.com/
- National Debt Helpline – 1800 007 007
Additionally, our College Counsellors have compiled some simple resources that may be useful in supporting the wellbeing of your family and student during these uncertain times:
- Apps and websites for wellbeing
- What is mindfulness
- Calm breathing exercises
- Coping Brochure – Centacare
- Coping Calendar – April 2020
- Grounding Exercises
- Isometric Relaxation Exercises
- How to talk to your child about COVID-19
- What to do when you’re anxious about a pandemic
- Managing coronavirus anxiety
- Mindfulness and letting go
- Mindfulness colouring-in
- Mindfulness script exercise
- My Wellbeing Plan
- Practising gratitude
- Progressive muscle relaxation exercise